Thursday 13 November 2008

Red and Orange ATCs


Sometimes the months really seem to go by so fast that I want to reach out and hold on to the days! Unbelievably it's already time to show you the next lot of ATCs for the Colourgroupies challenge where Lenna, Debby, Caryl and Tristan and I exchange ATCs with a different colour combination each month. It was a hot combo for November, to keep us warmed up while outside the leaves are off the trees and the wind is raging; red and orange.

I found just the fabric for this swap some months ago at the Ingliston Quilt Show and this forms the background. It's mainly red with a bit of orange and features flowers and butterflies in gold. I used a very old ATC which I made in 2004 as a photo ATC. I had scanned this into my computer and now printed it out onto self-adhesive cotton sheet (Crafty Computer Paper), adhered it to the fabric background and zigzag stitched around it and hand beaded around the edge too. I added self adhesive transparent texts and a heart bead to each ATC.

The edges were finished with orange satin stitching.


I also made one for me to keep for my 100 ATC project (now hopefully nearing completion, I really want to have them done before the end of this year!). This one is no. 94 and entitled: Smile, my love.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I always love to see all of the ATCs for our colour groupies exhange when you put them on your blog Frieda - they look so great together! This group is especially HOT : ) But . . . I am so excited to see #94 of your 100 ATC project. I have been following that project with much delight and respect. I think it is awesome. How are you saving them? In a box? In an album?? I am sure you will reveal in due course : )
Have a wonderful weekend and perhaps make #95 whilst teaching??
: ))) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails