Sunday 9 November 2008

Marie Antoinette ATC Swap


On the ATCsforAll site I could not help myself and signed up for a Marie Antoinette ATC Mixed media swap, hosted by Mandy, here in the U.K. I really should not be doing this as I have so much to do that it feels quite overwhelming at the moment but I did it and so I have to make the ATCs! Once I got started I really enjoyed myself as Marie Antoinette is such a fascinating person and so beautiful when she was in her heyday (and still had her head!). I used pictures of her taken from paintings and worked on a gold background. Apparently Stampington is planning to publish a magazine about Marie next year (pre-ordered it already, another could not resist moment!)

In fact I needed gold backgrounds for quite a few swaps (still working on those so they will be seen in future posts) and today I took a piece of golden lame fabric, ironed it onto Fast2Fuse and free-machine quilted it with gold thread. I then cut up this background for ATC backgrounds.

For the Marie Antoinette ATCs I layered a piece of blue batik fabric onto this background which I had torn, rather than cut, for additional texture. This was sewn down with gold thread. The images of Marie Antoinette were printed onto the self-adhesive cotton sheet (Crafty Computer Paper) and adhered onto the cards. I then also added a transparency of a strawberry (PaperWhimsy), the nearest thing I could find in my supply to cake!!

Her (in) famous exclamation: Let them eat cake, was also printed onto the same fabric sheet as Marie herself and adhered to the card. To finish I ironed blue batik onto the back of the card onto the other side of the Fast2Fuse and gold satin stitching forms the border.
I could not resist making one for me to keep, as I really want to finish my 100ATC project this year!! This is no. 95 and the transparency of the crown is also from PaperWhimsy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails