Saturday 8 November 2008

V is for Vintage


I finished my first page for Mimi in our Alphabetica album exchange where we make pages for each other based on letters of the Alphabet as well as on the theme of the album for which we are making the art. This month my partner is Mimi, who has as her leitmotiv the old-fashioned ABC albums of the past. Observant readers will realize that I have made her second page first. I'm doing both U and V for her but for the V I immediately realized I wanted to use the remnants of the fabric/paper collage that I had made for Debby's album several months ago, so I concentrated on that page and made a new fabric/paper collage for the U this morning, which is now drying and hopefully I'll get around to that page soon. ~By the way, the napkin I used in both Debby's and now Mimi's pages was a gift from Debby! Doesn't it look great in the collage?

I decided that the V would be for Vintage and I used a lovely vintage image of a girl playing a really old-fashioned game. I added the vintage letters, which were self-adhesive but I also stitched on size 11 orange seed beads to make sure they would not come loose and also because I love that hint of sparkle beads provide. The vintage lace was first dyed in coffee and then further antiqued with a spray of gold Glimmer Mist, then sewn on and again seed beads (green this time) were sewn on, as was the fabric butterfly image (from a Divasdeste collage sheet).

I also added several small stitched versions of the letter V (programmed into my sewing machine) and free machined a larger V in the top right.

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

Frieda, this is so lovely. Very calming and Vintage! I do love the bits of the paper napkin you added and all the soft colours. A pleasure to look at this morning, thank you. xo lenna

Angelika Westermann said...

Absolutely love it!

gunnelsvensson said...

This collage is so very lovely Frieda! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails