Thursday 4 December 2008

W is for With a little help from my friends


Another month, another Alphabetica album to work on. It's time for Judy's album which has as its theme Beattlemania. I had quite a few choices for W from songs, and settled on With a little help from my friends.

I've never been a huge Beattle fan and vintage is more to my taste than the sixties, probably because I can still remember the sixties and it makes me think of my age (not a favourite subject!!) but once I started searching among my fabric stash I was quite surprised to find rather a lot of sixties fabrics among it. These are all modern fabrics but sort of in the style of the sixties.

I choose one of Peace and Love as the background, cut to 8 x 8" size, layered with wadding (batting) and machine quilted. To this I added the fun bathing ladies which went so well with part of the text of the song i.e. :

How do I feel by the end of the day
Are you sad because you're on your own?

I'm sure these juicy ladies never feel alone! The text was added by stitching and metallic rub-on was added to them. A sparkly W finished off my first page for Judy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails