Sunday 18 January 2009

Olive and Mustard ATCs

A new year of Colour Groupies ATC exchanges is upon us, and this is one exchange that I don't think I could live without now. It's so enjoyable to receive these ATCs with a different colour combination each month from Tristan, Lenna, Caryl and Debby and also a real challenge to come up with something suitable for the colour theme.

We seem to have a lot of colours associated with foods this year and this was one. I always use some element of fiber and/or stitch but these are very fabricky indeed. I had a wonderful mustard coloured fabric (one of my impulse buys at a quilt show), which I ironed onto Fast2Fuse. The Olive coloured frame is from one of the Memories of a Lifetime books i.e. the Borders & Frames book. These books are copyright free and contain CDs of all the illustrations which you can import to your computer and manipulate to get the right size. I sized the frame to 2.5 x 3.5" and printed them out onto self-adhesive cotton sheet (from Crafty Computer Paper) and adhered to the mustard background after I had stitched on the vellum images (from Altered Pages).

I found some suitable vintage text to accompany each ATC and finished the edges with gold satin stitching. Finally I could not help myself, I just had to add the beading around both the frame and the edges using gold and green size 11 seed beads respectively.

And here too is the ATC no. 97 of my 100 ATC project, which I withheld until now so that the Colour Groupies would not know in advance what their cards would look like. It's called She is Womanly and is made as described above.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails