Tuesday 10 February 2009

A House for Cat

We're again swapping art on the OhMyGothic Yahoo group this year but instead of Gothic Arches, which we did last year, in 2009 we are sharing double sided houses each month, swapping with a different partner. Cat is my swap artist this month and she has already made her house for me which is winging its way to me at the moment. So it was high time for me to make hers and above is the first side.

I used a house shape (from Collagestuff) to outline the house shape in Fast2Fuse, which I cut out and onto which I ironed 2 different fabrics, one for the bottom and chimney of the house and one for the roof. All the images I added are from Artchix Studio and are paper and in case of the door also self-adhesive. To make sure they would not come off, I stitched them all on, while the clock also has a brad to hold it fast. The quotation Home is Home is from a vintage quotation book.

For the back of Cat's house I again outlined the house shape, this time straight on fabric, onto which I stitched fabric images of a house and the words La Maison (also in fabric). The girl is fabric and was stitched and I finally added a transparency with the words 78, Rue du Maison. All these images are also from Artchix Studio. Finally I fused this fabric house shape onto the other side of the Fast2Fuse, taking great care to avoid putting my iron on the transparency!

To finished I stitched around all the edges of the house to adhere both sides together.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I love this little house, Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails