Sunday 12 July 2009

A house for Debby


I did not play in this swap last month as we have an uneven number of participants so each month one of us has time out. But this month I'm swapping houses with Debby, one of the Colour Groupies. This house swap follows on from our Gothic Arches swaps last year.

I'm staying with a rose theme as roses seem to be what I'm thinking off all the time at the moment. I'm even hosting a rose ATC swap on the ATCsforAll site at the moment (due date September 1st). Just can't get enough of them.

On both sides I used images from Alphastamps. The background is a house shape in Fast2Fuse to which I ironed fabrics, red on one side and blue on the other. I used roses stickers from Alphastamps Roses #1 sticker sheet, which are great as you can see the background behind them so in a way they are like self-sticking transparencies. On the red side I added an image of Red Riding Hood from Alphastamps Red Riding Hood #1 sheet and well as a butterfly from one of the Pendants sheets.


On the blue side I stitched on an image from Alphastamps' A Child's Valentines collage sheet together with another rose sticker from the same sheet as mentioned above. If you look closely you can also see a bird image, again from one of the Pendant sheets.

To the top of both sides I added a red and blue button respectively. The edges of the house were finished by zigzag stitching.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I love this one and I LOVE how you used two totally different color schemes for each side!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails