Monday 9 November 2009

Winter has arrived!


And it came in with full force. It was -7 degrees Celsius last night! Not sure what that is in Fahrenheit but definitely cold!! Everything outside was frozen solid and a low mist hung over the entire landscape. You could only see about 10 M in any direction so when I walked the dogs I was amazed to see 2 deer suddenly looming up out of the gloom. They were equally shocked to see me and scarpered quick fast into the forest so no pics alas! Just a greyhound going mad on her lead.

But I did catch the mist before it lifted. I was further amazed to see a stoat who performed a merry dance in our courtyard before disappearing, again before I could grab my camera. But I caught him (or her??!!) in my mind's eye instead. All in all a beautiful day filled with nature's wonders.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

Wow, when Winter hits, it hits hard! Brrrr....lol.

Tristan Robin said...

gorgeous!

that top photo looks like a holiday card!

I know we're supposed to find the beauty in every season - but I really dread the snow and ice - I prefer to not have to work so hard LOL

gunnelsvensson said...

I don´t like winter, but the image are very beautiful !!! We have so grey here, haven´t seen the sun for soon 2 weeks. We are lucky to have our beautiful fabrics and threads to play with !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails