Friday 2 July 2010

Oranje Boven!!!


or in English Orange On Top!! We (notice how soon I turn back into being Dutch! despite what my passport might say)'ve just won our world cup football match against Brazil! So the colour is definitely orange and in their honour there is a picture of our flowering nasturtiums. Orange is the colour of our Royal House and also the colour all Dutch fans cover themselves with when any national event takes place. I wish I had an orange flag to hoist (yes, I know I could sew one?!) but the nasturtiums will have to do.
And (don't tell anyone!!) I'm so happy that the Dutch are left out of the 3 teams I originally supported. The Italians fell at the first hurdle, the English team was abysmal but my orange heroes carried the day! Hup, hup, Holland!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails