Tuesday 17 August 2010

Artchix Mary ATC


Sometimes I seem to have creative wings (don let this deceive you as at other times I'm a creative turtle) and so much comes out of my hands that I find it difficult to keep up on the blog. Therefore today there will be multiple blogposts in order to catch up with myself, or even overtake myself and keep ahead!

This post features the ATC I made for the Artchix Lottery Yahoo Group. A group formed when Artchix Studio itself moved from a Yahoo group to a Facebook page. Needless to say the requirement is to use an Artchix image and in all honesty I almost forgot to do so this time. Every fortnight or so a winner is drawn from all the entries, we all send our ATCs to that winner and she (no men in the group to the best of my knowledge) chooses the new theme. At the moment the theme is Mary and surprisingly (as I'm an atheist) a religious Mary inhabits my card. This remnant of a very old fabric-paper collage was fuzzy cut at the time I made it as I really loved the way the image was integrated into the background and I put it aside for some special occasion. That moment has now arrived and I added the Blessings word which does indeed come from an Artchix Studio collage sheet, as well as a self-adhesive butterfly. The card did not need anymore, apart from finishing with yellow zigzag stitching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails