Thursday 9 September 2010

Beading class and Exhibition


Today it was time for a bit of rest and relaxation after two strenuous days of beading. Laura McCabe's classes were fantastic, as ever. This is the third year she has been teaching for The Bead Shop, Haddington and it was as enjoyable as ever.

You can see what I've done in the workshop above and it will be a while yet before I'll be wearing either the Eiffel Tower bracelet or the Georgian Jewels necklace but a start has been made and because I love the designs and also the way they are made, I know I will finish. The only uncertainty is when!
Going to a workshop yourself is a really good way to remind yourself as a teacher that it can be an exhausting business absorbing a new technique in a workshop environment. Everything is new and it's a lot more stressful being a student than teaching
.
However at the moment I'm not teaching and the reason why I'm not, can now be found in the sidebar of this blog, on the right. The dates for my exhibition are known and I've also given it an official title. The fact that there are still 205 days to go, puts my mind at rest at the moment although I know only too well how fast these will pass. The good thing about the dates is that the Loch Lomond Quilt Show next year also falls within this time frame (that exhibition takes place from the 18th - 21st May), so if you happen to be travelling to Scotland for that, it would not be too far to take mine in too! I'm exhibiting in Loch Lomond as well for my sins, so it's probably fair to say that I will be very busy next Spring.
I've promised myself a complete rest and overhaul of my studio once it's all behind me, but for now nose to the grindstone will be the order of the day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails