Sunday 5 September 2010

Sunshine in Dawyck

Since we joined the Friends of the Botanical Gardens, Scotland when we visited Dawyck last week with my mother, we decided to pay a visit regularly and in all seasons. And because the amazingly wonderful weather is continuing to smile at us we hopped over again today and wandered around and walked for about an hour. As a reward we then had tea outside sitting in the courtyard where it was not just warm but even hot! Hot!! In September, in Scotland!

Of course, Dawyck is all about trees and every time we go I discover different ones that catch my eye. Today I was overwhelmed by this one shown underneath which looks like a sad tree. I think it's some sort of weeping willow but whatever it is, the silhouette of it against the sky was magnicifent. As was the one shown at the top of this blog. Dawyck is beautiful in every season of the year but the trees look their best against the blue, blue sky we had today.

I have no idea of the name of this evergreen but I do know that the colour of it takes my breath away. It's so vivid that it almost looks as if it's a painted tree, specially with that blue sky behind it.

But I can assure you that the colour is really like shown as these photographs have not been manipulated in any way.


I'm really looking forward to future visits to see the changing seasons, specially the autumn colours!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Frieda! I hope you have been having a lovely summer. Your photos are gorgeous, you must have had a great time there. I love the look of green trees against the blue sky...so healing...so peaceful!
What a great way to spend the day.
Hugs,
Terri

song2vs4 said...

How beautiful a creation God has made. You are so blessed. I can't believe the weather. I thought it was cold and rainy in Scotland. Cheers to you! Enjoy the lovely last days of summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails