Friday 15 October 2010

A grey and terracotta house


The colour combination for the Colour Groupies this month was Grey and Terracotta and this was such a wonderful example of synchronicity as these were just the colours I needed to celebrate the fact that Colour Groupie Lenna had moved into her new home in Florida.

I made my ATCs in the shape of a house in her honour and of course terracotta was the colour for the bricks. I knew I had a terracotta brick fabric somewhere and found it, ironed it onto Fast2Fuse together with a strip of grey fabric. I machine quilted both in suitable patterns and then cut the pieces out as individual houses. I also knew I had some door and window cardstock elements (from Maya Road), discovered them too, painted them with gesso, grey and terracotta acrylics. I glued on decorative paper with vintage flower images behind the windows and added them to the ATCs using the fabric adhesive cartridge on my Xyron Creatopia. As a skylight a button was sewn onto the roof.

All the ATCs have arrived in their new homes with Lenna herself, Debby and Caryl and here it is on the blog. All houses were more or less identical so here is the one I kept for myself.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Striking in it's simplicity!

creativelenna said...

I just LoVe this little house shaped ATC Frieda, mmmmmm. Thank you so much!! I am thinking of you working away on your quilt blocks . . . hope you are taking a break now & then ; ^ ) I think those long walks must clear your head, stretch your muscles and do you a world of good. I hope the lovely fall weather keeps for you! sending big hugs, lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails