Thursday 11 November 2010

Christmas Marie ATCs


Whenever I finish a project or even part of a project I take some time to "clear the decks" as John calls it, in typical nautical speak. I try and catch up with swaps and other small art projects that are overdue on my To Do list. So this morning I finished my cards for the Christmas Marie ATC swap on the Marie Antoinette group. The requirements were that the card had to have some Christmas-like elements as well as Marie elle meme.
I used a fabric paper collaged background in white and turquoise, that are very winter like colours to me. I also used Christmas themed rubber stamps and napkins to convey Christmas. I added images of Marie that I had turquoised up using my Inktense pencils and a waterbrush.
A transparent fabric with silver sparkles in it was added covering the entire card and I then quilted around the Marie images. Holes were punched at the top (using my Crop-a-Dile) and eyelets put it so that I could add a bit of a fringe. This also makes the ATCs into ornaments that could be hung in the Xmas tree if so desired!
This afternoon I made a start on sewing my blocks together as even I am curious to see what this quilt (mentioned in the previous post) will look like!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

The transparent fabric with silver sparkles makes these magical!!
: ) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails