Monday 22 November 2010

Collage Basics lesson 6


Once again our teacher Mary has challenged us during the Collage Basics class, to make a spread using real vintage materials only. This is always hard for a hoarder like I am. I seem to want to cling on to it all despite already possessing more vintage books and materials than I'm likely to use up in a lifetime. Which is why I like it when teacher tells me to just get on with it!

The background for this page has been torn from Debretts, the guide to the British aristocracy. The volume I have in my possession dates back to the 1920s. On top of that is an engraved image from a book published in the 1890s about Queen Victoria. The orange flower fragment comes from a book endpaper (I did scan it in so that I can use it again but this is part of the original). The lady herself is the Holy Roman empress Maria Theresa of Austria and comes from a John Stobbart guide to among others Vienna, again published in the early 1900s. The final touch is a postage stamp as shown.

2 comments:

Ati said...

Really beautiful Frieda.
I am a little behind due quilting two quilts for my neighbour and reading the three "Millennium" books :)

creativelenna said...

I really like the way you have divided this page up Frieda, it is very interesting visually. I especially like that pink end paper! It really compliments the rest. But glad to hear although the piece you used was the real thing, you copied some of it for further use!!
hugs, lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails