Wednesday 3 November 2010

Vintage Fashion ATCs


I'm hosting another swap on the ATCsforAll site and once again I have chosen something vintage as the theme for the swap. Since doing the Vintage Gluebook class I've really developed even more of a taste for vintage and I'm looking forward to starting the Collage Basics course (like the Gluebook one taught by Mary Green). You can do this class too, just click on the relevant button in the right-hand sidebar of this blog.


For my own Vintage Fashion ATCs I started with watercolour ATC blanks to which I glued pages from a variety of vintage books such as dictionairies, encyclopaedia and music. Once dry I overpainted with gesso, shaded pink with acrylic paint and once that had dried I added buttercup yellow spray paint.
I overstamped the card with a large text stamp and then added the fashion plate images, in the shape of clear tape transfers. They too come from vintage books. The next additions were the black rub-ons (clocks, birdcage etc) from 7Gypsies. I found suitable text for all the cards and antiqued the edges with a Distress Inkpad. The final ATC (shown underneath) also needed a gold Dresden corner embellishment.

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

Your ATCs are so lovely, Frieda. Especially with the tape transfers! So light and clear, yet show the lines of fashion. Here's hoping I may receive one in the swap!
xo lenna

Ati said...

They are all beautiful Frieda!

Terri said...

Frieda, I love each one of your vintage ATCs! All your layering and your designs are really fab.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails