Tuesday 14 December 2010

Has Spring sprung yet?


Don't worry, I know it will be a very long time before Spring arrives! Having said that, the Yellow Garden book for Scotland came in the mail today so that we can start to plan our garden visits for 2011! At the moment it feels like it will never be warm again outside but the time will come!

But Spring has Sprung is the new ATC challenge theme in the ATCquarterly magazine, and it was a good excuse to make something to warm me up a bit! The resulting ATC ,seen above, has a background of fabric - paper collage incorporating a vintage image. I did not add much more as the image of the mole sticking his nose above ground to check out the temperature and ask the question really said it all. A butterfly seemed appropriate too as a springlike sign.
My card made for the previous challenge theme (Cows) had been published in the new issue too! You can check out how I made this one on an earlier post.
It was wonderful to make an ATC for a change! The good news is that I have finished beading my Spring quilt, but the bad that it's now time to sew on 200 buttons! Ah well, all good fun (even though it doesn't feel like that at the moment!)

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love both your ATCs. You do such lovely work on them. I have one of yours from a swap at MAMA and I cherish it.
I used to have a garden, and I remember getting all excited when the seed catalogs came out. It was always fun to sit by the fire in a cozy chair and dream about my garden.
Congratulations on having all the beads on your spring quilt! Now 200 buttons! Wow, no wonder your quilts are so special.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails