Thursday 16 September 2010

Holy Cow

The latest issue (no. 20) of the ATCQuarterly magazine arrived today and that meant a quick check and yes, my ATC for the Outer Space challenge theme had been published. Hurrah! You can see it underneath and you can read about how I made it on a previous blog.
And of course the new theme was set and it is: Cows. I've only ever made one previous cow ATC for a swap but that was quite a rustic one. The words that jumped into my head for this challenge were Holy Cow! No idea why, but perhaps they were inspired by the papal visit to Scotland today!
So I went to work and once again managed to locate the cow fabrics I used for the previous cow ATC. They consisted of a cow fabric as well as a transparent fabric with cows. I'm almost sure they were a gift from someone as I can't honestly believe I bought them. They have proved to be most useful however. The background for the ATC is a machine quilted gold lame fabric to which I glued a vintage image of a church. I added the little cow and transparent bits of another cow, both front and back (of the cow!). The little cow received a gold halo with gold beads. The final additions were the words Holy Cow! (done with my Dymo writer) and a gold cross charm (from Lost Art Creations). The edges were finished with gold satin stitching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails