Tuesday 4 January 2011

More French Frolics


After completing the Vintage French ATCs I knew there was another French themed item I needed to make and eventually discovered it was Linda's skinny pages. They are not due to her till March but as I was surrounded by French ephemera and had just made a French fabric paper collage it seemed convenient to just get on and make them. Linda's theme is summer and she is a true Francophile so I made that into Paris in the summer with all it's many cafe terrasses and bars, with a bit of cancan girl thrown in for good measure.

The fabric-paper collages form the background to both pages and the fabric images are from Alpha Stamps. The text on the top page reads: I can resist anything, but temptation, which goes well with the lady in question. On the bottom page I also added a Cavallini label and the text: Paris is the cafe of Europe. The pages were put together and surrounded by yellow zigzag stitching.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Wow, you really are working ahead! I just love the first image, that quote works so great with the overall look of it!

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, they are so amazing. I love what you have made and the quotes are fabulous. I would put money on it that Linda will not mind these beauties arriving early. I am working on turquoise and copper today...lol...I am also getting irritated your package hasn't arrived yet...blah...
Hugs,
debby

Terri said...

Stunning! I think you have created amazing little works of art here! Each one is so very well done.
I clicked on the photos and was able to see them well.
Great job!
Hugs,
Terri

creativelenna said...

These skinny pages for Linda are so incredibly beautiful, Frieda -wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails