Friday 11 March 2011

Birds and Bees ATC


We were greeted this morning by 4 inches of snow and it kept on snowing during the day with more on the way overnight and tomorrow apparently, which will no doubt play havoc with the plans I had. I felt a bit hard done by this is going to happen on the only Saturday for ages when I really needed to go somewhere.

However such concerns seem totally irrelevant on a day when nature once again demonstrates what she is capable of.

At such times I escape to my art which for me is a healing activity that soothes the soul. I mainly worked on beading a large quilt but found time to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card) for the new challenge theme in the ATCquarterly magazine, which was Birds and Bees. Sadly the magazine will stop publication with the Winter 2012 issue but for the moment I'm looking forward to the numbers still to appear! I'll definitely miss the challenges!
The background of this ATC is a part of one of my fabric-pepr collages and the rest is self explanatory. The bird image is from an Artchix Studio collage sheet and the bee from a vintage encyclopaedia.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful ATC! I love the saying, and the design. You always make the best ATCs!
I am sorry to hear of all your new snow. When does your area generally stop having it???

I am done with all my quilt squares and am finishing up the hand applique. I am working on being consistent with my stitching. I am very excited to put the top together when I am done. I will post some pics soon.
Thank you so much for inspiring me.
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails