Tuesday 13 December 2011

No Spirit can walk abroad



Another spread in my 2012 Sketchbook (see the previous post for all the info about this project) are these monochromatic brown pages. On the right the watercoloured squares, and on the opposite page one of my photos. This is a previous blip of fungi in Dawyck Botanical Gardens taken earlier this autumn. I love the abstract quality of it although it wasn't to everyone taste!

I also included 2 postage stamps. I used these a lot in my 2012 Sketchbook and wanted to continue that thread in this sketchbook too. They are not on every single page but they are definitely present on most. It was the text: No spirit can walk abroad which inspired these pages. Mostly I find the text after I've finished the page but in this case it was the other way around.

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I love seeing your sketchbook pages, Frieda and brown is my favorite color!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails