Monday 17 February 2014

A bit of Spring Nonsense


I've started a new online class called Friendly Faces on the Journalgirl site, just to challenge myself to draw faces more regularly. Part of the class is a 30 day long daily prompt. The first one was: Draw Yourself. Just a quick sketch was what's wanted. So I did! And here I am. And just in case you're wondering about those red splatters, I drew myself on an already painted page in my sketchbook and loved the idea of having those red drips coming from my eyes. As I said in the title of this post just a bit of nonsense.


The dog walks yesterday and today were positively springlike. I didn't even need to wear a scarf or gloves. What a treat. Not many flowers have popped up outside yet apart from the snowdrops but inside there is a flower feast, what with the bulbs in pots such as the above tulip which is now fully out.
 And there is also my Valentine bouquet including this beautiful white rose.

4 comments:

theresa martin said...

I love the self portrait and the red drips give it a great edgy feeling.

Terri said...

Hello Frieda, your self portrait is fab! Yay for you beginning to draw faces! I love that you began with a page that already had paint on it. And I think your self portrait has a calm flow to it, like you!
I am so glad you have had some good weather to get out in.
Hugs,
Terri

massofhair said...

Love the self portrait Frieda, fab colours and loving the red droplets:-) x

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful self portrait Frieda! That sure would be a challenge for me to do a face each day...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails