Sunday 21 September 2014

Drive in the Scottish Borders


Finally we had a wonderfully sunny day to show Lenna that the mist and haar occasionally lift here in the Scottish Borders and when it does that most beautiful land emerges in all her glory. This morning we spend arting together in my painting shed playing with my gelli plates and while Lenna did her own thing I made a piece for The Documented Life Project of which you will see more, probably tomorrow. After lunch in the nearby Whitmuir organic farm we set off on a round trip starting at Talla Reservoir, where this Victorian little building can be found.

As you can tell there was hardly any wind and the reflections were just picture perfect.

Endless pictures were taken, specially by Lenna but I too couldn't help myself and kept pressing that button. I think I have never seen Talla look better!
Sonetimes just capturing the reflections in the water produced a mysterious looking image, as seen above.

Just how perfect can it get? Well, I think the above image provides a pretty comprehensive answer.
And it wasn't lost on any of us!
After Talla we made our way along Megget Reservoir to end up at Tillie Shiels Inn on the edge of St Mary's Loch where we enjoyed a cup of tea sitting in the sunshine and where I could not resist sitting on the above little jetty with my legs dangling in the water. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the very best!

Here too the reflections were stunning with a bit more of a gentle ripple in the water.

And lots of fresh green was still on show.
It was the perfect way to spend what sadly will be Lenna's last day here in Scotland. She is departing tomorrow morning to return to Florida via Gatwick. I was so pleased we had such a beautiful weather day for the occasion.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

What beautiful photos Frieda and a wonderful send off for Lenna - I am sure she was enjoying every minute of it and look forward to hearing from her when she gets back - tell her "safe travels" from me :)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

These are some SWEET Photos!

theresa martin said...

Stunning scenery and photos, Frieda. It's great that you and Lenna got together too!

Linda Kunsman said...

stunning photos and reflections -I can only imagine seeing these sights in person! What a perfect last day to spend together.

Linda Kunsman said...

stunning photos and reflections -I can only imagine seeing these sights in person! What a perfect last day to spend together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails