Wednesday 24 June 2015

Sweet Delight Page

You might have noticed that I haven't uploaded any Life Book 2015 projects recently and I must honestly admit that I haven't done the classes for some weeks. I have downloaded them and saved them to the hard drive but I have been much more in the mood to do my own thing. I have come to realize that just like I don't enjoy making quilts from other people's patterns (and I have never even tried) I don't like to make art on prescription. Getting a prompt such as on the Documented Life Project I do like, as it sets my mind off on unexpected paths but having to follow in someone's footsteps is a completely different and to me not so great experience.

Nevertheless I don't regret signing up for the Life Book 2015 class. In fact the above is a valuable discovery that will very much determine what online classes I will take in future. And I am getting a lot of technique based info from the classes this year. I feel drawn to those classes that leave you very much free to do what you want with them. Which is why I did do Lynzee Lynx's class last week, called "Stencilling What You Love.
It won't come as a surprise to regular readers of this blog that I LOVE stencils so the title alone was enough to draw me in. I won't describe how this page was made for copyright reasons but we had to make our own stencils and I drew out the spirals and also a collection of triangles. I was just about to start cutting them out when I realized that I have a machine that does the cutting much better, so my stencils were made using the Brother Scan'nCut. Cardstock was used to make the stencils as I can see I might want those spirals again in future.

You will see there are words in the background about which I won't say anything but the title Sweet Delight came to mind as the page was coming to a finish so I added them as shown. They come from a poem I just love by William Blake called To See A World. It's a long poem but the words I used come towards the end where it says:

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are Born.
Some are Born to sweet delight
Every Morn and every Night
Some are Born to Endless Night
Some are Born to sweet delight


2 comments:

creativelenna said...

I love seeing your handwriting in the background. Even if I do not know what it says, it adds so much to this piece!! It is very "you" to me, very distinctive, and running behind all those beautiful hand designed & made stencils, a wonderful sweet delight! :) just can't help saying that!

peggy gatto said...

I like it!! Love the shapes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails