Wednesday 5 August 2015

Clear Vision

Still catching up and this is the page for The Documented Life Project 2015 this week. Our new theme for August is: Faces, the Human Form & Characters, while the art challenge this week is: Expressive Faces and the journalling prompt: What I see clearly now. I started by making the background with acrylic paints and stencils, using Stencilgirl's  Circles Circles stencil and Corrugated Lines one to represent the rain that forms part of the lyrics of the song I can see clearly now. I selected to use watery colours for the same reason. I added stripes across both pages with collage too, using pages from a vintage Arabic - English dictionary. 
I then added more collage using imagery from magazines, including the rainbow like colours as a rainbow is mentioned in the song too.  I started added expressive faces by rubber stamping using the Face in Square (D402) stamp from the Moon Rose Art Stamps.
 On the right hand side I sketched the very large face over the background.
I added the CLEAR VISION words and hand wrote some of the text of the lyrics of the song around the various collage elements. You can hear the song here. I just wish that both my inside and outside worlds would start to live up to those words.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Amazing details and use of pattern and materials. This is a lovely page!

Jean said...

Lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails