Monday 5 October 2015

You Had Me At Hello

We have a new theme for October on The Documented Life Project 2015 and it is: Translucent Papers. For the art challenge this week we had to use: deli paper and our journalling prompt was: You had me at hello. I was not familiar with this quotation so I googled it and discovered the words come from a song that to be honest I wasn't much taken with. You can hear it here to judge for yourself. I left the song to it and simply used the prompt to do my own thing.

I applied multiple stencils and acrylic paint colours to make the background into which I also glued pieces of deli paper that were previously painted on the gelli plate. Other translucent papers were also added such as the black dot tissue paper and parts of transparent paper flowers are wrapped in, with a bird and flower pattern. I then spray painted (with Liquitex black spray paint) the figure that comes from a stencil taken from The Street Art Stencil Book. I've had this book for awhile but had never used any of the stencils. It contains a series of different ones all designed by different graffiti artists. This figure's stencil is by Btoy who are an artistic collective from Barcelona. I outlined the figure with white marker.

I added two pieces of mainly blue deli paper on the left hand side of the spread (painted on the gelli plate) and added the word HELLO on both of them with sticker letters. Again I felt this page needed something more and postage stamps were the answer. I loved the large Yemen one of a couple where the man seems to want to say hello although she isn't very interested. And that let directly to the addition of the love stamps.

I used quite a bit of gold on this spread in my Dylusions journal and as always it proved hard to capture in a picture but the above one gives you a hint of the glitter.

 

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

The white outlining of the figure is perfect, Frieda. Well done!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful page-full of the colors and details I can always expect from you:)

Leslie said...

Pretty spread. The words were also used in the Tom Cruise movie Jerry McGuire. Renee whatshername says them to him when he comes back home from being a jerk for a few months.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails