Wednesday 27 April 2016

A Giant Adventure

I'm so happy to be back this month as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products. I made this 9 x 12" page before I left on my trip to New York but of course I had spend a lot of time already peering at maps and images of the city before hand and that was what inspired this spread. Looking at it now I'm amazed how much that grid in the background resonates with the many pictures I took of the skyscrapers when I was there. The quilter in me just loved it all. You can find a full tutorial with step by step instruction on how to make this page here.
The map in the diagonal lines has some personal significance for me and contains places I have been to and I like the intermingling of that very higgledy piggely landscape with the geometric grid lines in the background.
The quotation is by Angelina Jolie and reads: "Any time I feel lost, I pull out a map and stare. I stare until I have reminded myself that life is a giant adventure, so much to do, to see". 
I used the new metallic paints by Finnabair for this page and they have a lovely shine to them. Hopefully you can see a bit of this on the pictures.
And finally guess what we woke up to this morning?! It looks lovely but I'm more than ready for this to be over with now, and so are the daffodils who are looking sadly bedraggled. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails