Friday 15 April 2016

Today

As part of the series of Wanderlust 2016 classes we get a prompt to use in our art journal twice a month, and I'm just in time uploading these pages before the new prompt is revealed later today. This one dates back a few weeks and was posted while we were in New York. The prompt was: "Everything that happened today". In my case that day was yesterday when I made this spread and not much happened on that day. I simply sat in my studio and worked and I must admit that I love such days as you can detect in some of the writing on the page.

I started with a rubber stamped background for which I used the large stamp from the Mish Mesh stamp set designed by Nathalie Kalbach for Stampendous, for no other reason than that the stamp was still laying on my desk. I did really like the cross hatching pattern. To this I added collage with a picture of raindrops on the window (from the Flow calendar this year) and with pieces of patterned tissue paper (a gift from my friend Lenna). After all that I started to add paints in a variety of blue, green and purple.

I kept adding paint and then switched to watercolour pens from Tombow, letting them drip over the pages which are sized 5 x 7" and are in the Vintage Vanity Art Journal designed by Finnabair for Prima. My own handwriting was added as well as two butterflies stamped onto the side. They come from a stamp set designed by Everything-Art (the organizers of Wanderlust 2016) and made by PaperArtsy (EEA002) to echo the butterfly that was on the tissue paper as seen in the middle of the right hand page. More stamping was done with the cross-hatched pattern too.

I added the two postage stamps and the quotation: "How time is slipping underneath our feet: unborn to-morrow, and dead yesterday, why fret about them, if today be sweet!" by Edward Fitzgerald.

This journal is very different in character from my other art journals. Not sure why but I tend to go much wilder in here. Perhaps it's the size and maybe it's the fact that there are just prompt and although there are videos showing how Kasia from Everything-Art works in her journal, these are more for information than to copy, so I feel free to do whatever comes to mind. I'm not mad keen on the journal itself either so perhaps that's why I feel less precious about it all.  I will persevere with it for this year's prompts but no more ring-bound journals for me in the future.

2 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

really super pages Frieda- so many luscious layers of color!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Another couple of great inspirational pages Frieda. Thank you for sharing..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails