Friday 2 September 2016

Determination

I'm once again lagging behind in posting the spreads done for Wanderlust 2016 (done in the Vintage Vanity Art Journal by Prima) even though the art itself has been made quite some time ago. These pages were done for the first prompt in August and it was: "What do you like the most about yourself?" Talk about an easy question!. I had a long and hard think about this one.
The answer I finally came up with is: Determination. My will power is both my best and my worst quality, if that makes any sense. My best because it makes me meet deadlines, complete quilts on schedule, finish any project I undertake. And my worst because it causes me to carry on with projects that would be much better abandoned or given up for better ways to use my time. I usually pursue such projects, once I take them on, to the bitter end, and believe me, some of those ends have been very bitter indeed. I have decided to do far less online classes and the like next year but of course what I should do is give up on them right this minute. Won't happen, though.
That said I will definitely carry on with Wanderlust.  They have been the classes that I feel have given me lots of new information and insights as well as being very well organized. I love that the video lessons can be downloaded and saved so that you can look at them at any time.The new series of classes for 2017 can now be bought at a reduced  early bird rate here.
 Techniques used for this spread are: collage, stencilling, rubber stamping
Materials used are: acrylic paints, vintage newspaper, Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Melange,  Nathalie Kalbach's rubberstamp set Grunge Cling and I also used the free stencil enclosed with this set, the large stencil from the June 2015 Crop Circles set from Stencilgirl as well as the smallest stencil from April 2015 Feeling Groovy.

Finally I loved finding out this morning that I'm featured on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's September newsletter. You can see and read it here.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

Nice to photo of the month!!!
These are bold and colorful pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails